You may also like
Patterns of Power, Grades 9-12
9781625315595Regular price $77.33 Sale price $58.00 Save $19.33
- 35 standards-aligned lesson sets built around practical, engaging, inquiry-based methods that take deeper dives into grammar and craft than any worksheet, quiz, or editing exercise ever could
- A variety of high-interest model texts from authentic and diverse sources, including excerpts from classic and current novels, memoirs, plays, graphic novels, poems, and media
- Real-life classroom examples and tips with suggestions for scaffolding new learning and ideas for how to use the lessons in AP courses
- Templates for extended application, easy to locate printables, and ready-to-go visuals
- Additional Models for Further Study for extension opportunities in every lesson set
- An entire chapter devoted to helping high school writers master citations in research
With hundreds of teach-tomorrow resources and implementation supports such as quick-reference guides, specific applications to reading instruction, and soundtrack suggestions to infuse the joy of music into grammar instruction, Patterns of Power, Grades 9-12 gives you everything you need to inspire your high school writers to move beyond limitation and into the endless possibilities of what they can do as writers.
The Patterns of Power series also includes Patterns of Power, Grades 6-8: Inviting Adolescent Writers into the Conventions of Language; Patterns of Power, Grades 1-5: Inviting Young Writers into the Conventions of Language; Patterns of Wonder, Grades PreK-1: Inviting Emergent Writers to Play with the Conventions of Language; and Patterns of Power en Español, Grades 1-5: Inviting Bilingual Writers into the Conventions of Spanish.
The Comprehensive Intervention Model
9781625314758Regular price $94.67 Sale price $71.00 Save $23.67
The Comprehensive Intervention Model (CIM) organizes essential educational theory and effective instructional practices under a complete, layered intervention model. CIM includes both a professional book and resource manual that correlates the intent behind the Response to Intervention (RTI) movement. This well-researched and practical resource begins by laying the theoretical foundation for its methodology before describing its multi-tiered system of instruction across a range of components. The book concludes with a collection of examples that show the model in action.
The CIM professional book includes:
- High-quality, differentiated classroom instruction
- A portfolio of evidence-based interventions
- A seamless assessment system at an individual and system level
- School-embedded professional learning for increasing teacher efficacy and building capacity in schools
The resource manual provides administrators, coaches, and teachers with the tools needed to implement the CIM with fidelity including planners, guide sheets, observation forms, data collection forms, phonics and word learning guides, and more. Use these two books together to support a Response to Intervention (RTI) method for closing the gap between low-progress readers and their grade-level peers.
Nourishing Caregiver Collaborations
9781625316196Regular price $39.00 Sale price $29.00 Save $10.00
Establishing this work in holistic teaching—a pedagogical mindset that affirms the importance of loving the whole child through compassionate, collective care—Qarooni explores five critical literacy tenets by highlighting opportunities to listen for, honor, connect to, and elevate family strengths while inviting them even further into our shared work and encouraging reflection around:
- Recognizing the journey of process,
- Celebrating the role collaboration plays within the collective
- Using observational literacy to read the world
- Advocating for the power of talk to grow ideas and connect with others
- Giving children choice to make self-directed decisions
With moments of memoir woven in alongside diverse family examples and classroom stories connected to realistic instructional practices, Qarooni shows how all families contribute meaningfully to their children’s literacy lives. Discover how we can tap into those vast wells to support learning at home and in school while building positive, reciprocal relationships across both settings.
With an afterword by En Comunidad authors, Carla España and Luz Yadira Herrera, Nourishing Caregiver Collaborations is rooted in the simple truth that we cannot separate knowing our students from knowing their home, communities, and the people that they love. This book offers a toolkit for connecting with families and elevating the intrinsic strengths that reside in every child’s home.